A simple guide to happiness.
Just 10 promises!
1. Promise yourself to talk about health, happiness, and prosperity as often as possible.
2. Promise yourself to make all your friends know that there is something in them that is special and that you value.
3. Promise to think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best in yourself and others.
4. Promise to be just as enthusiastic about others' success as you are about your own.
5. Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
6. Promise to forget the past mistakes and press on to more significant achievements in the future.
7. The prize is to wear a cheerful appearance and give every person you meet a smile.
8. Promise to give so much time to improving yourself that you have no time to criticise.
9. Promise to be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit trouble to press you.
10. Promise to waste no time arguing what a good person should be, and be one.
Every year, I go through this list. It's a compilation of thoughts from Coach Wooden, Marcus Aurelius and many other great teachers.